Thursday, December 3, 2015

How anxiety scrambles your brain and makes it hard to learn






"How anxiety scrambles your brain and makes it hard to learn"

The Guardian, Neuroscience- Saturday 21 November

Link: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/nov/21/how-anxiety-scrambles-your-brain-and-makes-it-hard-to-learn

This article makes a very general review of anxiety, specifically those students who suffer from anxiety and have difficulty carrying out their daily work and affected their academic performance. While the article mentions some brain areas that are involved in the expression of anxiety in our body, such as the amygdale and the prefrontal cortex, a thorough review of these aspects is not done because it is not the objective of this article. A list of 10 tips that can help eager students, so that is not so difficult to do their work studies and can continue to have a normal life


I chose this article for two reasons primarily. First, I am an anxious person by nature, for many years I had to fight anxiety and treat thousands of tricks to reduce my anxiety in situations that do not help me. Being an anxious person has a number of circumstances in which we do not feel comfortable, and we would be in our room without anyone bothering us, however, as they say: "The world is outside," so it is necessary to face anxiety and not give up. Second, the neurosciences are my passion, and I know I'll have a career in this area, it is why i like this article, and I think from a scientific perspective, all the tips mentioned can be used at any given time. 

Well, i hope that if any of you should also struggle with anxiety every, maybe you cn take these tips and feel it better. 

Cheers !!


1 comment:

  1. I think I may have an anxiety problem, I agree with all the things that you put in your summary, the anxiety definitely affect your academic performance sometimes 

    ReplyDelete